The San Diego Rebellion women’s tackle football team is looking for new coaches, in all positions, coordinators as well. Interested candidates can also apply for the Head Coaching position, experience is required to be considered for that role.
We are looking for highly motivated coaches who want to help grow the sport of women’s football. This job is with a team ranked #3 in the Women’s National Football Conference. We are 20-6 over the last 3 seasons with 2 appearances in the Pacific Conference finals (’21, ’23) and 1 appearance in the National Championship (2021)
Coaching positions are all volunteer. Head Coach, Coordinators and necessary coaches who travel to away games with the team, will have their travel (flight/hotel) covered by the team. All coaches are provided with $500+ worth of Rebellion apparel to wear at practices, games and when the team travels. On average coaches receive between $1,000-$3,000 worth of benefits from the team, based on position.
We are looking for coaches who have coached adults before. Varsity HS experience is a requirement, semi pro or college experience preferred. We are looking for coaches who can help us reach the next level and Win a WNFC IX Cup Championship.
Please send resume with references to:
Coach Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Practice Planning: Collaborate with the head coach and fellow coaches to develop effective practice plans that enhance player performance, skill development, and team cohesion.
- Weekly Coaches Meetings: Attend regular coaches meetings to discuss game strategies, review performance, analyze opponents, and make necessary adjustments to optimize team performance.
- Film Sessions or Player Notes: Conduct film sessions to evaluate player performance, identify strengths and weaknesses, and provide feedback and guidance to enhance individual and team skills. Alternatively, prepare detailed notes for players to review and improve their performance.
- Assist with Player Development: Work closely with players assigned to your specific position group, providing personalized coaching, mentorship, and guidance to help them reach their full potential.
- Game Day Responsibilities: During games, assist the head coach in implementing game plans, making strategic decisions, and adjusting tactics based on the flow of the game.
- Scouting and Opponent Analysis: Analyze opposing teams’ strategies, strengths, and weaknesses to develop effective game plans and adjust team tactics accordingly.
- Collaboration with Other Coaches: Collaborate with other coaches to ensure a cohesive coaching approach, share knowledge and expertise, and contribute to the overall success of the team.
Coordinators to help guide our athletes, and explain our scheme and the WHY we do things the way we do.
Position coaches to set the fundamentals, so we can build a dynasty.
Each coach is a vital part of our game day. The more engaged each coach is the more successful we will be.
This is a unique opportunity to get in at the ground floor of the fastest growing sport in the US. The Women’s National Football Conference is considered by many to be the top league in women’s football. We believe that in the next five years to WNFC, through its branding and streaming endeavors, can start to create revenue streams that teams can use to help offset their cost, as well as start giving back to their players and coaches. We are looking for the right people to help us continue to grow the San Diego Rebellion culture and football IQWomen’s National Football Conference